Thursday, March 11, 1999

Archive - 11 March 1999

Matt and I actually went to water aerobics last night for the first time in two weeks - Nancy is finally over her flu. Yike. The timer on the fresh water pump was broken or something, and it wouldn't shut off. It had been running for an hour before we got in the pool, and continued running for our entire class. And the fresh water spout spits out water at about 70 degrees, which is to say way too cold for pool water! Especially when it's only 30 degrees outside! The thing was, the water on the opposite side of the pool from the pump was still sortof warm. And there were little pockets of warm water near the pump, too. Weird. If I could've mapped the water temperatures, I could've done an impressive study of fluid dynamics.

But I couldn't, so I gasped and whined every time I hit a cold pocket, and after class I bee-lined through the freezing locker room (it's chilly in there even when I'm not wet - fresh out of the pool, it's unbearable) to the sauna. This is a tactic I came up with a couple of months ago when it became obvious that I was never going to get used to it. I stick my underclothes in my gym bag with my towel and lug the gym back poolside with me. Then I don't even have to stop at the locker before I dive into the sauna. Then I dry off and get half-dressed in there. By the time I've toweled off, put on my bra and underwear, and put lotion on various body parts that dry out too fast because of the chlorine, I'm warm enough to face the rest of the locker room again.

Yeah, I know, I'm a big baby.

Ooooooooohhhh.... Jeremy just downloaded the new Star Wars trailer. Jeremy finagled a new speaker set out of our network administrator a few weeks ago, so I stood right behind his chair and we watched it in surround sound. Gods, I am so psyched about this movie! I just cannot wait! Two whole months...

When they re-released the original trilogy with the upgraded special effects, a bunch of my friends met at a friend's house in Portsmouth for pre-show parties before descending on the theater en masse. We'll be doing the same thing for this movie.

Okay. Enough of that. Jeez, I just ate breakfast an hour ago; how can I be hungry again already? Guess I'll go read a book or something to try to take my mind off it...

No comments: