Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I See You!

I had an appointment yesterday with my ophthalmologist and optometrist to update my glasses prescription and get new glasses. I do not go to a one-hour glasses place, so it'll be a week or so before I get my new glasses, but I'm feeling good about them. I'd narrowed it down to two frames while I was looking around before my appointment. The optometrist tried to nudge me toward the octagonal blue frames -- and if my insurance would pay for two pairs of glasses, I certainly would have gotten them both -- but the chunky black and white frames were what really appealed to me. They just had that "fabulous geek" appeal, you know?

I looked at some invisible frames, too -- no rims at all on the lenses, with interchangeable bridges and temples, and some of them were really adorable -- but my eyes just looked wrong without frames. Possibly because of all the bags under them. Yike.

And then, of course, because they'd dilated my eyes, they gave me those stylish shades to wear. It's a good thing I was going straight home, 'cause otherwise I'd have been beating the men off with a stick!



Right?

Okay, maybe not. But my new glasses really are super, and I can't wait until they come in.

No comments: