Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ahhhh.

I took Monday and Tuesday off, and it was lovely.

Funny, though, how there never seems to be enough time in a day when you're on vacation.

Matt and I lounged around the house Monday morning for a couple of hours, then went out to lunch, then did a bit of shopping, and then it was time to head home so we could pick Penny up from school.

Yesterday I was home by myself, so I dropped the kids off at school, then went to the gym, then came home and did a little scrapbooking, ate lunch, and then loafed on the couch reading a book until Matt and Penny got home.

We had a good anniversary, despite Alex turning up with double ear infections Saturday morning -- but we got him into the doctor's office and on antibiotics before lunch, at least. Penny was oddly excited about the whole thing -- she kept dancing around and reminding us that it was our "special day", and cooing over the flowers Matt sent me. I gave Matt some new t-shirts, and he gave me some adorably silly socks -- apparently, for us, eleven years is the "cotton" anniversary. He also gave me an audiobook that I listened to at the gym yesterday and while I was scrapbooking, and it had me laughing out loud until people on the elliptical next to mine were giving me odd looks.

Anyway, it wasn't nearly a long enough long weekend, but it was wonderful to sit and relax and do nothing -- not even have to talk to anyone if I didn't feel like it -- for hours on end.

Now, alas, back to work.

No comments: