Thursday, July 2, 2009

Chug-a-chug

Chugging along, that's what I'm doing.

Work today, but tomorrow's a holiday.

If Penny's good today, she'll finish filling out her chore chart, which means tomorrow I'll take her shopping to pick out a new toy as a reward.

Also this weekend, we're going to my brother's for a cookout and BLTs. (It was going to be just BLTs and corn -- my absolute favorite summer meal), but apparently Sam can't conceive of a Fourth of July without hamburgers and potato salad, so we're doing both.)

And Matt and I talked about one of us taking Penny out Saturday night to see fireworks. It's staying up a good hour past her usual bedtime, but she's been mostly pretty good lately, and I think she's old enough that this kind of treat won't go unappreciated. She's really excited about the idea, at least. We still need to figure out which one of us is taking her, though.

Sunday we're going to the Virginia Shakespeare Festival's production of Much Ado About Nothing with a bunch of friends, and then possibly -- if the kids are being good for my parents -- out to dinner, too. Crazy times!

Anyway, it'll be a busy weekend, but at least it'll be long and fun. I'm looking forward to it. Hope you have a good one!

No comments: