Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Little Off The Top

I've got a long-overdue haircut on the schedule today, for me and for Penny. It's smack in the middle of the day (the end-of-day and Saturday appointments were all booked straight into August) so I'll be leaving work around lunchtime to go pick Penny up, and if we're done before 4, she'll just come back to work with me.

So this morning, while I was doing my Wii Fit workout, I was contemplating both the correct time to leave to pick Penny up and considering how to adjust my workout at the YMCA (because I've got a pull or something making my back hurt). Which... if I'm getting my hair cut over lunch, I'm not going to the gym.

Sigh. I cannot brain today. I have the dumb.

Or maybe I can blame it on the dream I had around 2am, involving swirling purple-black clouds in the sky and a tornado that reached down out of the sky and slammed into the hood of the car Penny and I were in with the devastating impact of a cartoon superhero's fists. I sat bolt upright, and for a good ten minutes afterward my heart was pounding so hard I thought it would wake Matt up.

(I wish they'd go ahead and announce the layoffs so the worst can be over.)

No comments: