Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Slept

I have too many balls juggling at the same time, I think. In no particular order:

  • Two novels to be proof-read, both due before the end of November.
  • A novella to edit and its author to herd through all the assorted steps. (This involves a number of different deadlines, but the whole thing comes to fruition in early January.)
  • Keeping my own writing projects moving, however slowly.
  • Thanksgiving dinner to plan and prepare.
  • A friend's birthday package to wrap (not a trivial task, due to <SPOILER>) and box for shipping.
  • Matt's birthday to plan for.
  • Assorted social events and plans.
  • Christmas shopping to plan and put into effect.
  • The moon cookie party to plan and prepare for.
  • Other holiday activities, such as taking photos for the Christmas card (though I snapped up today's Groupon, so that's at least partly underway!) and figuring out the best time for us to go to Christmastown at Busch Gardens.
  • Getting to the gym at least twice (and preferably three times) a week.
  • The actual work at my actual job. (I know -- crazy!)
  • A million other things that may or may not be tangentially related to the above -- for instance, the usual day-to-day household tasks and chores.
I sat down last night to do a little writing, because I let it slack far too much last week. I got all of about four hundred words out, and for once it's wasn't a lack of inspiration that stopped me, but the fact that I could not, for the life of me, keep my eyes open. After about forty-five minutes, I switched from writing to reading... and then woke up half an hour later when Matt came in on his way to check Penny's blood sugar and found me sitting up in the bed and snoring, book propped on my chest.

I'm not sure if I'm actually sleep-deprived, in which case a few early nights might set me straight, or if it's a stress reaction to the holiday ramp-up.

Either way, I'm glad one of my friends gave me some caffeinated lip balm and soap for a birthday present!

No comments: