- Don't forget to use the narrow speculum. The regular one caused some bleeding, some bruising, and a fair amount of pain. (Another reason not to have kids: My pelvis is too narrow, and the very idea of a Caesarian makes me nauseous.)
- I need a renewed prescription for birth control pills.
- I need something for these patchy rashes on my leg and chest, and this time, I want something that actually works, dammit!
- I need my synthyroid prescription renewed, and if you're only going to check my thyroid levels once a year, why do you keep giving me six-month prescriptions?
- I want a post-dated prescription for something for the allergies that always hit from mid-summer through the end of autumn.
- If you're taking blood, go ahead and do a cholesterol screening. I haven't had one in a couple of years.
I'm sortof sleepy this morning for no good reason. Well, the cat woke me up at 4, but that's nothing new. Guess I'm just ready for the weekend.
We went to the post office yesterday to pick up a package from Matt's mom which she had warned us was coming - an anniversary present. It looked like it was in two Priority Mail boxes which had been re-folded and meshed together with most of a roll of packing tape. It took Matt almost ten minutes just to get past the tape. Inside the mail boxes was an Eddie Bauer box, which was taped shut, and inside that was a card and the gift. The card was very nice (I adore Anne Geddes pictures). Inside the wrapping paper were two layers of bubble wrap, several layers of tissue wrap, and (drum roll please...) a clock! A very nice clock, I might add. I love clocks. Yay, Jill!
See, I'm allergic to a lot of metals, including stainless steel. If I wear a watch with a metal back (and even plastic digital watches usually have a metal back over the battery) then I'll break out in hives where the metal touches my skin. (You have no idea what kind of a pain it was to find glasses that wouldn't have any metal against my skin but still looked decent.) Anyway, so I can't wear a watch. But I go absolutely bezerk if I can't know what time it is. If there's a clock in the room, I frequently won't look at it for hours at a time, but if there's no way to know, I get obsessed and have to know what time it is every five minutes. I don't know why. It's just me. So I've got a lot of clocks. About the time Matt and I got engaged, I realized that, although I hadn't done it on purpose, I'd started a de facto clock collection, and I figured that I might as well just accept it and make is a real collection. So "clocks" has been on my wishlist for a couple of years, now.
Have a good weekend! See you in May!