Tuesday, April 6, 1999

Archive - 7 April 1999

Ack! I forgot! I blithely read my morning mail, my comics, and the journals I read regularly, and I forgot to write my entry! Shame and dishonor! I'm not worthy to stain your desktop! How will I ever recover from the ignominy, the embarrassment, the guilt! Please, I beg you, cast me forth, flog me with this noodle...

Ouch! What'd you do that for?

Okay, okay, so I'm a lousy hour late or so. You weren't all that wound up about the puzzle anyway, were you? Didn't think so.

Went to Weight Watcher's last night and discovered that I'd lost the weight I gained over the last two weeks. Yay! Easter candy must be good for me! Well, okay. Maybe next week I'll get my 25-pound bookmark. Getting thinner by the... Well, by the month, anyway. I was so pleased that I skipped the meeting and went shopping instead. (Hey, I needed to pick up some sneakers to go to the gym with!)

Now Roses has some sneakers! No stupid sports-specific shoes for them, nosir! And no lame foam arch supports for me to rip out, either. (No ankle support, either, but you can't have everything, and how much ankle support does one really need for a stationary bike, anyway?)

I need to learn not to go to that store by myself, though. I almost got really carried away. Picked up a new pair of water shoes, since the old ones were falling apart. And oh - check out this strawberry scented body scrub! And look! New socks! And the hair gadgets have been marked down to two for a dollar! How can you beat that??!? Almost got an ironing board, but decided I didn't want to carry it around the store with me. I finally found some shoes with heels that were almost comfortable - but thought that if I came home with three pairs of shoes I'd be setting myself up for another mocking from Matt. (They didn't have them in the color I wanted, anyway.) I had to physically restrain myself from wandering back to the crafts section, because I haven't worked on the knitting projects I've got in two weeks, I certainly don't need any more yarn! I tried on about four hats and decided that I actually look pretty damn cute in straw hats - but I never go outside, so I didn't get one. (Though maybe if I'm very good this week, I'll go get one of the cheaper ones next week. After I see how much money is left after paying the bills.) Almost got a marked-down post-Easter stuffed rabbit, too, but decided at the last minute that it wasn't as cute as I'd initially thought. I finally had to drag myself to the cash register or I'd run out of willpower!

That place is dangerous, I tell ya!

Just took a short break to watch some Muppet movies. How cool can you get? Matt discovered last night that we actually get the new Odessey cable channel which is showing the old Muppet Show episodes every night at 6! Whoo-hoo! Of course, it was less cool when we realized that most nights, we don't get home until almost 7. We'll have to re-learn how to program the VCR, I guess!

I'm in a pretty good mood today. I hope it lasts!

No comments: