Monday, April 5, 1999

Archive - 5 April 1999

::Yaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwn:: I hate Daylight Savings Time. It's completely useless. Maybe back when they first came up with the idea, it served some purpose, but these days, it's just a has-been concept playing with my sleep cycles. Why do we do this to ourselves? The office environment is not significantly improved by shifting the hours of daylight one way or the other.

My dad likes it. He goes to work at some absurdly early hour of the morning and works ten or twelve hour days, so at this time of year, Daylight Savings Time is the only way he gets to see the sun. But for pete's sake, if he wanted to come in yet another hour early so he could leave at 6 instead of 7 each night, he could probably do that without forcing the rest of us up while it's still dark outside. I hatehateHATE getting up before dawn. It's just wrong.

So last night I couldn't get my brain to shut up, and I wound up lying awake until almost 1am, and the cat woke me up at 4, and then the alarm went off at 6. So I'm not the best-rested chick on the planet right now. All I really want to do is put my head down on my desk and take a nap. But no - I've got to actually function. Write a journal entry, reply to e-mail, do my job... And all this with the sensation of cotton on my brain, and unless I concentrate carefully, my eyeballs keep rolling off in different directions.


So I told Matt to put real candy in my Easter basket. Chocolate, for pete's sake, and none of that weird sugar-free candy that plays havoc with my digestive system. Darling that he is, that's what I got. Almond Joy and Reese's Cup and M&Ms and more. Yum. Only now I'm feeling sortof guilty about it. I'm never going to lose weight like this. ::sigh::

But Easter dinner was nice. I love lamb. And carrots and peas and potatoes and bread and olives stuffed with garlic. Yum yum yum yum yum. I'm paying for it today - vegetables and soup and I'm skipping breakfast. But I only get lamb once a year, so it's worth it.

Okay, this is a really lame, whiney journal entry. But you'll have to excuse me; my left eyeball just rolled under my desk, and I think I'll follow it and take a little nap...

No comments: