Friday, April 2, 1999

Archive - 2 April 1999

So, did anyone play any good April's Fool jokes on you yesterday? I wasn't taken in by any. The radio station I listen to in the car was doing it's annual prank, which is to say they were announcing that some absolutely absurd new law had been passed, and playing back the irate phone calls. (I have to admit, yesterday's was a good one - they were explaining that the state had voted to make it illegal to smoke while driving. They even had some guy call in and explain the punishments. I might have believed them if they hadn't done similar stunts for the last three years.) My office-mate was taken in by the announcement of a Microsoft lawsuit against the UserFriendly site, and because they'd been leading up to it for weeks, he scoffed at my proclamation of "April Fool!" My husband could probably have tricked me, but he was so completely disgusted by all the tomfoolery out there that he refrained from doing any himself.

Actually, he did his romance of the week yesterday, and to give him time to get set up for it, I went shopping after work and my dentist appointment. I had thought about going down to Target to pick up something for a baby shower I'm going to next week, but since my dentist appointment ran a bit long, I just went to the grocery store and bought some stuff I've been meaning to pick up, and the candy for Matt's Easter basket. Matt's a little irritated with himself now, because he hasn't picked up anything for mine yet and he's not sure when he'll have time to do it. I'm guessing we'll agree that I'll go shopping tonight for the baby shower gift, and he can dash out to the KMart or whatever then.

I'm excited about Easter, too, because we decorated all these pretty eggs last weekend, and while I'm sure I'll get sick of them before the dozen are gone, right now I've got a real hankering for some devilled eggs! And we're having Easter dinner with my parents, and my mom's traditional Easter dinner (lamb, new potatoes, and peas) is pretty damn good.

Yeah, okay, so it's a sortof boring entry. Who cares? I don't have that many regular readers, and most of you know me in real life and understand that my life is just not very exciting on a regular basis. (And hey - I keep a lot of detailed statistics on my webpages, and there's at least two regular readers out there that I haven't identified yet, but you're both logging in from William and Mary, and why haven't you signed my guestbook yet???)

And hey, I almost forgot the news! Matt and I drove by the house site last night after dinner, and there are stakes in the yard! Okay, it was after dark, so we couldn't really see what the stakes were or what they were for, but it's definitely a sign that they're going to start work any day now! ::grin::

No comments: