Friday, April 14, 2000

14 April 2000

Matt asked me last night where I wanted to go to dinner for our anniversary (which is coming up next Tuesday). Apparently his boss, TB, suggested going to Ford's Colony. (Ford's Colony is actually a local golfing community, but when non-golfing locals refer to it, they usually mean their restaurant.) TB, who used to wait tables there, told Matt to expect to pay around $150 for the meal. I laughed and told him TB was assuming a bottle of wine - that we could almost certainly get out for only about $100.

Still, it seems a little much for a second anniversary. But I still have to decide where I want to go. Well, I'll think about it.


Well, here is is Friday again. I hope this weekend is a little more relaxing than the last one! I'm still feeling ever-so-slightly wobbly around the edges, but hopefully with some rest, I'll be back in top form.

I'd better be. I was thinking this morning about all the things I need to get done this month:
  • My car is due for inspection.
  • It's time for my bi-annual dental exam. (In fact, I had that scheduled for this week, but cancelled it because I was sick.
  • I missed my chiropractor appointment at the beginning of the month. I'm trying to decide if I want to call them back, since my back isn't hurting at the moment.
  • It's time for my annual physical exam. I should make an appointment for next week, in fact.
  • I need to decide if I'm going to call the cleaning service back and re-schedule the cleaning that was cancelled because I was sick, or if I'm willing to live with the mess for another two weeks. (Well, week and a half.)
  • I need to decide on, and then make, something for dessert for Easter dinner with my family.
Ack. It's enough to make me want to spend another week in bed!


I'm not feeling the narcotics-withdrawal nearly as sharply today. Thank heavens. I couldn't finish my dinner last night because every swallow was so painful. (Have you ever taken a bite just a little too big, and there's that sortof painful feeling as it travels down your esophogus? Like that. Only size didn't matter.) I hate being on narcotic painkillers. Or rather, I hate stopping narcotic painkillers

But not enough to put up with the original pain!


Word of the Day: whammy - a magic force or spell; a potent force or blow (esp. a paralyzing or lethal blow)

Being sick sure put the whammy on my leave. Actually, it hasn't yet - I'm trying to work off as much as I can. Thankfully, since this is the beginning of the pay-period, I'll be able to work off most of the missed time. Which is good, because I'm pretty sure if I tried to tell my brother I couldn't make it to his wedding, he'd put the whammy on me again!

No comments: