Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Snow Day? Seriously?

Schools are closed again today. Three days in a row. Though at least today, they had teachers report for the workday they missed Monday. So maybe we'll be back to normal tomorrow.

I wouldn't mind the working from home so much if it wasn't accompanied by a lot of "Moooooooommmmmm, I'm booooooorrrrrrred," whining.

I do remember doing this to my own mom when I was a kid, so it's just One Of Those Things, I expect. The way I've been handling it: I suggest three activities. If she doesn't want to do any of those, then I'm done trying to help her out and I'm also done listening to complaints. Mostly because I don't have the patience my mom had.

Add to this the administrative tangles that keep failing to be resolved at work (they're moving my spot in the org chart, but failed to take into account what happens to my subordinates when that happens; also, I still haven't been paid back for the damn holiday party, or received the back pay I'm due from when I got my promotion back in November), and I'm just not having the best of all days.

But I figured I should post something, so... there we go.

No comments: