Friday, March 3, 2000

3 March 2000

You know what I said on the first about the graphics? I went looking yesterday for a tulip theme for April, and I found the exact daffodil design I'd had in mind for March! Argh!

So now, the question is whether I should go ahead and use the daffodil pattern this month, or save it for April, since I didn't find a tulip theme. I'll probably just wait and use in April. As slow as my flowers are coming up, it'll match better then anyway.


It looks like it's going to be a busy couple of weekends for us. My folks want to buy us a couple of trees - they'd promised us one when we moved into the house, and I'd completely forgotten about it. So we need to get the trees and plant them before Dad hauls us a truckload of mulch (he found a place that will fill the bed of his Dodge Ram with mulch for less than $20 - we'd be crazy not to take advantage of it, even if that much mulch would fill in our entire back yard). And, of course, before we plant the trees, we'll need to go to Lowe's and buy a number of things - Dad suggested getting some peat moss to put around the roots of the tree, to counteract the awful clay around here. And I want barriers to separate the mulched areas from the grass, and stuff like that. And as long as we're putting mulch down, I want to pick up some plants - preferably something that will live around here and doesn't have to be transplanted or replaced every year.

So it looks like the next couple of weekends will be divided between running around to hardware and gardening stores and the manual labor of putting all this stuff where it belongs.


So, K.T.'s decided that she's feeling uninspired about her Werewolf game and wants to do something new. She isn't even interested in finishing out the current quest. After tallying the suggestions and votes, it's looking like it's going to be a Heroes game. A new Heroes game, so I won't be resurrecting Danielle.

While I understand K.T.'s dilemma and frustration with the Werewolf game, I'm slightly irritated. Just once, I'd like to be in a long-running game. Every game I'm in sputters and dies. I've never played a character through more than four or five levels. My MeadeHall characters have been around for a couple of years, but that's a role-playing forum, not a game.

Ah, well. Worse things have happened. If I get too irritable, I suppose I can always go on haitus for a while. In the meantime, I have to think of a new Superhero concept for this weekend.

No comments: