Tuesday, March 7, 2000

7 March 2000

Blargh. Another late night on the Hall. We're finally getting closer to solving the mystery, though, so that's good. Zoya invited Marten to stay at the Tower, where he'll be safest, and he accepted. If - as Jaret believes - Marten is a demon posessing MoonDancer's body and sent to do mischief, he'll never get better chance.

Marten laughed at Lisl's suggestion that he was romantically interested in Zoya, though, so Zoya's trying to stop considering the idea and wondering what had gotten into her that she listened to that notion of Lisl's anyway. She can't quite get the notion out of her head, though, and it's worrying her - they're getting closer and closer to recovering MoonDancer, and Zoya's trying to convince herself that she can't afford to get wrapped up with a personality that might be subsumed soon. (Not to mention that the Marten personality might be malevolent. She'd like to believe that he's been misguided, but she's too experienced to take anything for granted.)

Naturally, that didn't make any sense to those of you who aren't participating. You'll just have to take my word for it that it's a very exciting plot.


Have you ever had so much on your mind that you can't get any of it out?

The things that I can best articulate are too sensitive to post in this journal. The rest - work and gaming and yardwork - all seem too trivial to bother with.

Maybe I'm just tired; I didn't get enough sleep last night, and because my project at work is due Friday I'm staring unpaid overtime in the eye. Maybe it's because I got caught up in re-reading my own journal, and I'm up to the slightly depressing part where I'm unemployed. Maybe it's because watching Red Dwarf makes me remember graduate school, which was pretty miserable.

I'm not unhappy. I'm actually in a pretty good mood, considering that I'm glassy-eyed from exhaustion. I've just got this knot of dread slowly uncoiling in the pit of my stomach, and I can't pin it down, and I don't know where it's coming from.

Here's hoping it turns out to be nothing.

No comments: