Friday, September 9, 2011

Antidote

The less said about my work day yesterday, the better, honestly. Let's just go with "crazy" and "frustrating" and leave it there, shall we?

But I went home to (entirely by coincidence) a pre-made dinner that I'd prepped the night before (garlic chicken and potatoes -- delicious, but I think next time I need to use a mix of cuts, because the breast-only meat got pretty dry) and then the kids were good and I got to read to Penny from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for most of half an hour (she is loving the book, which makes me really happy! -- I've promised when we finish each book, she'll be allowed to watch the associated movie) and then after the kids were in bed I settled into my chair in the bedroom and lit a couple of scented candles. I wrote a little bit, and then I just sat and read and listened to the thunderstorm rolling by outside the window.

It was the perfect calm, relaxing, enjoyable antidote to the crazy/frustrating of the day.

Here's hoping today is much less crazy/frustrating, and that the weekend has plenty of opportunities to administer antidotes of all sorts.

Here's hoping your weekend is exactly as wonderful as you're hoping it will be.

No comments: