Friday, September 23, 2011

Tard

That post title is "tard" as in the Southern pronunciation of the word "tired", not an abbreviation of "retarded." 'Cause I'm an insensitive jerk sometimes, but not quite that much of an insensitive jerk.

I was at work for 16 hours yesterday. From 7:30 in the morning until 11:30 at night. Not counting lunchtime, when I ran out to Target to pick up a few things, or at about 8:30 in the evening, when I ran over to Subway to pick up some dinner. (Yes, I got cookies. I am neither proud nor ashamed of that.)

So I'm a little brain-dead this morning. But let's talk about the good stuff!

Have I mentioned lately how awesome my husband is? 'Cause he's very patiently done well more than the lion's share of housework and kid-watching while I was stuck at work last weekend and then in Roanoke for a day and a half, and then he took the kids to school yesterday and today and did all the childcare last night and even brought them by the office so I could get hugs and kisses... Matt is just awesome.

KT is walking in the Susan J. Kommen Walk For a Cure in Washington, DC this weekend! That's 60 miles of walking in three days, to raise money for breast cancer awareness and research. She's amazing.

I got new glasses! They're both subtle and quirky and perfectly me, and I love them even more than I love my old black-and-white frames from a couple of years ago. Love? Love. I'd post a picture, but with the whole 16-hours-of-work thing I didn't get a shower last night and I'm not feeling terribly photogenic.

And to continue with the shallow theme of accessories, I'm wearing a new skirt! It's called a Magic Wrap skirt (though I didn't buy it from that store, I bought it from this store while I was at the Roanoke Pride) and -- in theory -- there's 90 different ways to wear it. But the colors are absolutely gorgeous, and I got it for less than $30, so even if there was only the one way to wear it, I'd be happy. Because it's gorgeous. And because it's silk, so it feels nice. (I could use a can of anti-static spray, though.)

And I'm hoping for a good weekend! That's a good thing, right?!

No comments: