Wednesday, February 10, 1999

Archive - 10 Feb 1999

Oh, yeah... I went to Weight Watchers last night and I'd lost almost four pounds! It made me feel better about going to Andy's for lunch and ordering a chicken salad instead of the chili-cheese-and-onion footlong hotdog that I really wanted. I still want that hot dog, though. Maybe this weekend I'll get some Ballpark fat free franks (they're actually not too bad) and make a little vegetarian chili...

All right! I was just sitting here working on this when Beth came in and gave me my paycheck (always a bonus) and a package - the swimsuit I'd ordered from Lane Bryant six weeks ago. That's good; my current swimsuit is getting a little loose since I've been losing so much weight lately. (Can you tell I'm happy about that?) I need to try the suit on before I take it to aerobics tonight, though. Swimsuits stretch so much that I'm not sure I ordered the right size. [A brief interlude while Liz dashes to the bathroom with her new suit...] Hey, it even fits! Huzzah!

Okay, someone else tell me whether this is innovative or just really gross. I really like popcorn. I've been eating light microwave popcorn lately, but there just isn't a lot of flavor there. So I thought I'd sprinkle it with some fat-free parmesan cheese, which is a leftover from my childhood. But the light popcorn isn't greasy enough to make the cheese stick, and I just wind up with a lot of cheese in the bottom of the bowl. So I recently came up with the following either-brilliant-or-gross idea: Now, when I take my popcorn out of the microwave, I spray it all over with some butter-flavored cooking spray. The cooking spray has no fat or calories to speak of, and gives the cheese something to stick to. I thought it was a really great idea. Matt thought it was clever, but he was a little dubious about whether the cooking spray was edible when it hadn't been, well... cooked.

Yike! What a mess! I just accidentally infected my machine with a virus-like program called a worm, and had to disinfect it! Okay, I know I don't exactly have a huge readership here, but to everyone who does read this: If someone e-mails you a program called Happy99.exe DO NOT RUN IT! If you do, then every time you send e-mail or post to a newsgroup, a second mail or post will be send without you knowing about it to the same address, sending them a copy of the file. It's a very tricky little program. If you happen to have been infected, e-mail me and I'll tell you how to get rid of it (which is, thankfully, very easy to do.)

Anyway, back to my life... I talked with my boss yesterday and he agreed that if I was unhappy with my current project, then I shouldn't be kept on it any longer than necessary. He agreed to shuffle me to a different project as soon as the current revision of this project is done (in about a month). So I have something to look forward to, which is making all the difference...

Valentine's Day is this Sunday. I have two presents for Matt in the trunk of my car, waiting for a convenient time to take them inside and wrap them. I'm dying to tell everyone what they are, because I think they're really neat, but since I know Matt keeps an eye on my journal here (hi, sweetie!) I can't say anything until after V-Day. I also know he got something for me last night while I was at my Weight Watcher's meeting. I came home and the cookie tin, which has been on top of the 'fridge, was on the counter. I asked him why he got the tin down, and he claimed to have been looking for cookies. It wasn't until almost an hour later that I noticed a few other items on the counter from the top of the 'fridge (we have a cluttered counter under the best of circumstances) and I realized that he probably had to move them to get to the cabinet over the 'fridge, which is where he hides my presents. (Because I'm too short to get to it without a chair.) I resisted the urge to peek, though. It's coming soon enough.

No comments: