Friday, May 19, 2000

19 May 2000

So, Jeremy, you got your break from extreme weirdness, so you're okay if I go back to it now, right?

Just kidding.

I was really tired yesterday. I mean, just exhausted. And I don't know why, really - I'd gotten a decent amount of sleep the night before, the cat hadn't been any more obnoxious than usual...

But I actually have some work to do on my project at work, and I picked up what should have been a fairly simple task yesterday - converting about two pages of someone else's code so it works with my program - and couldn't get more than five lines into it before I got confused and had to back up.

I took it home with me, thinking that if there was a lull, I might sit down and look it over and try to separate out the major sections, at least. I'm sure you can guess how much good that did me - it never even came out of my briefcase.

I hope I can muster up some concentration today. Despite the fact that I don't want to work on anything, this stuff needs to be done!


We watched Mulan last night with Tristan and Heather - Tristan hadn't seen it before. I found myself tearing up a few times. It's a great movie, and a huge departure from a lot of Disney's most annoying habits.


Word of the Day: weird - magical or supernatural; strange or extraordinary

Weird? Weird is a word worthy of the word of the day? (Wow, how was that for alliteration?) Maybe most people aren't familiar with its older, magical definition.

At any rate, my friends and I have all amply covered "weird" - in both definitions. I don't think I need to say any more on the subject, really.

No comments: