Thursday, March 1, 2012

News and Such?

What's with the exhaustion lately, dammit? I went to bed at 9:30 Tuesday night, and at 10:30 last night, and I still feel like I want to crawl back under the covers for a half-day or so.

On the other hand, I feel like I've been weirdly busy. Aside from work stuff, I've gone through edits on a story that's coming out at the end of this month (squee! that never gets old!) and gently poked two editors for news on other stories. (I know that's a no-no, but it's been over 3 months since I heard from either of them. I thought a gentle request for information was not entirely out of line.) I've edited a short novel (a really good one, too, which is always awesome!) and written a couple of scenes in a couple of my own projects.

I've made plans for lunch tomorrow, and talked to Penny about attending a gallery show and contest that my brother is in this weekend. (We've agreed she'll bring a book to read, in case she gets bored before it's over.)

I've drunk surprisingly little coffee, and chewed a slightly ridiculous amount of gum. (Soon, I will be out of gum, and then it will be time to kick ass, I suppose.) I've made mini-pizzas and sausage chowder and baked chicken.

The frog and dragon game obsessions continue, slightly abated but by no means extinguished.

Tonight will be TV night -- we need to watch Castle from Monday and Big Bang Theory as well.

And that's... about it, I guess.

I'm leaning strongly toward taking tomorrow off, so I'll see y'all on Monday! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Gris said...

It's going around... my theory is that we're all coming out of pseudo-hibernation 'cause it's getting lighter out earlier, and our bodies still crave the pillow. Or something. :D But yeah, this is going to be an ever-flowing teacup kind of day, I think.

Oh, and not that you need another TV obsession, but I have to share... I saw the debut of "Awake" last night, and it was REALLY thought-provoking (it's up on the NBC website now, if you want to check it out). To tell you no more than was in the previews: a police detective gets into a car accident with his wife and teenaged son. He and his wife are okay but his son has died. But when he falls asleep, he dreams that he wakes up in a world where his *wife* has died and his son lived. Every time he falls asleep, he wakes in the other timeline, and both are so real that he doesn't know which is the true reality. (He's seeing different shrinks in both, he's got different cases in both, and so on.) OHH, the questions this stirs up! Lucid dreaming and the nature of reality and sanity.... And they do fairly subtle cool things, like use a different tint to the lighting in each reality-- his wife's is warm-lit, and his son's is cool-lit. Seriously, I really hope this lives up to its promise. The first ep was so cool I'm proselytizing, here. :D