Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sleepshod

I woke up yesterday morning and thought, "Huh, my throat's a little sore."

Then I swallowed and I thought, "Oh, shit, it's a LOT sore. I do not have time to have strep right now!"

Luckily, when I found a flashlight and look a look in my throat, I didn't see any white patches. Just raw red. Yay, weather changes and allergies, I guess.

But by mid-afternoon, I had a headache. And by dinnertime, it had become that sort of all-over body ache that I usually get with a fever, except I didn't feel feverish.

Which could only mean one thing: sinus infection.

Joy.

So I took two Advil, threw down a slug of Tylenol Cold and Sinus (nighttime), and took an Allegra for good measure, and took myself off to bed just a smidge past nine, the very earliest I could manage it after getting the kids to bed and taking a shower.

When the alarm went off this morning... and then the snooze alarm... twice... and I finally dragged myself upright, I thought, "Oh, good. Throat's not nearly so sore today. But I could easily sleep for another three or four hours."

Which says to me one of two things:

1) Either I have a cold and my body would really like me to go back to bed and drink fluids and get some rest; or
2) I've been short on sleep and running on adrenaline for weeks (if not months) and the extra two hours of sleep I got last night was just enough to make my system realize how tired it actually is.

Or, you know, some combination of the above.

In any case, it seems I need to get some more sleep, and soon. (HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!)

No comments: