Monday, June 8, 2009

Don't Blink

We had a pretty good weekend, but where the hell did it go?

We had Jenn and Brian and Braz over on Saturday -- the intent was dinner and then gaming after the kids went to bed.

I made Ginger-Lemon Chicken and lemon couscous with mixed vegetables, and Jenn brought some challah bread. It was a pretty good meal, if I do say so myself.

The gaming part of the evening didn't quite happen, though. Between people being tired and Matt and Braz's natural tendency to tell stories, we wound up just sitting around talking for most of the evening, then showing each other absurd things on YouTube, and then Matt remembered that Braz still hadn't seen Dr. Horrible, so we had to rectify that immediately.

Even though we didn't game, it was still a lot of fun, so that was good.

We didn't do much Sunday. Or I didn't, anyway -- I woke up with a crick in my neck or shoulder or something that made lifting my arm or turning my head painful, so I mostly did my best to not move any more than necessary.

We did go out for dinner to Olive Garden (If you're careful, Olive Garden is surprisingly forgiving for diets -- but you have to be really careful). That went mostly well, up until Alex kind of fell apart.

I tried to go to bed at a reasonable hour last night, but my neck and shoulder were bothering me so much that it took me forever to find a comfortable position. I think I finally got to sleep around midnight.

Now I just need to manage to keep my eyes open for the rest of today. Wish me luck.

No comments: