Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Press-On Smile

Not having the best day.

I've been having minor shoulder pain for the last month or so, trying to ignore it in the hopes that it would heal on its own, but it doesn't seem to be working. Plus I attempted some squats during my Wii Fit workout Monday night (as an alternative to the exercise that makes my shoulder hurt the worst) and learned that I was completely, 100% right about my knee not being able to handle them yet, and despite only doing four of the damn things, made my knee much worse, just as it had been starting to improve a little. Now it hurts even when I'm not moving.

Penny starts daycare/summer camp today, but I forgot to put together menus and a worksheet for her yesterday at work, so I had to throw today's stuff together last night in a hurry, feeling like an idiot.

Then I realized that I'd forgotten to get the tortillas with which to make tonight's dinner of quesadillas, so now I'm not just an idiot, I'm a partial idiot. (i.e., not a complete idiot -- some parts are missing.)

I slept like crap. I've been having all kinds of fucked up dreams lately. Last night, I decided I had to fly back to San Antonio now, and I made Matt drive me to the airport and I was calling the airline on the way to the airport to try to find tickets that would get me there tonight and bring me back tomorrow at a reasonable hour and realizing that I had no clothes or food or money, and that though Penny was in the car, we'd left Alex sleeping in his crib, alone in the house... At least it wasn't the dream from the night before last, in which I was building a monument of some sort with people that I had to scoop their eye sockets out or saw holes in their heads. (I couldn't recall, when I woke up, whether these were real people, or merely statues -- but the fact that I had to wonder about it was disturbing enough.)

The scratchy throat I had all day yesterday is lingering today. I suspect it's not allergies after all, but a cold of the "too minor to justify staying home from work" variety.

Didn't lose any weight this past week, and I can't even point to any cheating or indulgence or laziness as the reason for it.

I had to set up a meeting for today to drag answers out of various people for a task that really shouldn't be mine to begin with (using the tool I didn't want), and I came in this morning to an email from the PM saying, "Give me a call this morning before the meeting, I would like you to lead the meeting and wanted to provide you my expectations." That's verbatim, and in toto. Awesome. Because I need a control freak manager to tell me how to run my own meeting and do the task that by all rights ought to be his.

So. My to-do list for before I leave work today includes two and a half hours' worth of meetings, my allergy shots, a software delivery, building Penny's worksheet and menus (has to be done at work so I can print it), and in my copious extra time, a stack of administrivia as high as my head. Before I go to bed, I also need to go to the grocery store, make dinner, take a shower, and do a Wii Fit workout. The only thing on that list that's optional is some of the administrivia, and even that can only be put off for so long.

Which is to say, I've used up all the spare time I have for grumpy hissyfits. Time to put on my Lee Press-On Smile and just get on with it.

1 comment:

Glossaria said...

If it makes you feel any better, my nightmares were about slugs taking over the world.