Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Auspicious

Stayed up later than I expected last night. I'd meant to try to do some writing, with Matt out of the house for Rock Band, but I got sucked into reading stuff, instead.

Didn't want to drag out of bed this morning, surprise surprise.

As we were lining up to head out the door, Alex picked up Penny's drink bottle and then promptly dropped it on his foot. That hurt, so he wailed and was pitiful, and I had to comfort him for a few minutes before I could get around to making sure he hadn't actually injured himself with it.

Then Penny pitched a fit at Matt for the terrible crime of putting her lunch bag in the front seat instead of next to her. She started crying when he got mad at her for threatening to hit him, which made Alex upset again. And then she continued to whine at me halfway to daycare about wanting to hold her lunch bag. She was such a pill, I made her do a blood sugar check, but she came back at 101, which is a good level for even a non-diabetic, so I guess it was just a Mood. I finally had to threaten her with not going on today's field trip to get her to shut up.

Got to daycare and dropped Alex off, and he wandered off in search of a toy and I thought I was going to get out without him getting upset, but the teacher prompted him to wave bye-bye to me, and he realized I was leaving and tried to follow me out the door. I realized as I was signing the kids in at the front desk that today is the toddler class's water-play day and I'd forgotten to bring his swimsuit and towel.

And then I got to work to find that neither our badge-reader nor our iris-scanner is functional, which means no one is going to be able to get in and out of the front door, which means I'm going to spend all day answering the doorbell. And our code repository, which crashed yesterday, is still not back up to speed, and I'm not sure how I'm going to put my hands on the code that I need for today's delivery. (I can't even skip the repository and get it straight off the developer's machine, because he's on travel this week and took his laptop with him.)

And just now I'm finding out that apparently something happened to the code repository's backup process, and we haven't done a full backup since early June...

So, you know. An auspicious beginning to the day.

No comments: