Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Flat

Didn't post an entry yesterday, because I got about two blocks from the house and realized that I had a flat tire. So I went back home and called Triple-A and had them send someone out to fix it for me. (The guy they sent was not the brightest star in the sky, but he eventually got the job done.) Then I took it over to the dealership to be fixed, and I didn't get to work until 9:30.

And as I suspected, all four tires were starting to crack on the sidewalls and needed to be replaced. Plus an alignment -- almost $600, altogether. I swear, I love my Prius, but their tires are for shit. This is what, the third or fourth time I've had to replace my tires, now, and the car is only 6 years old. Sheesh.

Anyway, by the time I got to work, it was time to jump into the day, no time for a journal entry.

Today I have to leave at 3 so I can pick Penny up and bring her back down here for haircut appointments for both of us which hopefully will not run late and interfere with her swimming lesson. I guess if it looks like it's going to go long, I'll get her hair done and re-schedule mine. Or ask Matt to come and get her, or something. We'll figure it out.

I need to stop staying up so late, though. And possibly convince Penny to stop waking me up at 5:30. I'm so tired today that it feels like I'm moving through a fog. Maybe I'll have coffee instead of tea with my breakfast, but even that's just a stopgap.

At least Friday is a holiday, and the weekend should be lots of fun. Something to look forward to.

No comments: