Thursday, July 23, 2009

Insanity

As Matt and I were putting the kids to bed last night, I felt terribly sleepy. I didn't want to do the Wii Fit workout that was on my to-do list for the evening; I just wanted to curl up on the couch and read for a bit, and then go to bed early.

But I was good. I turned on the Wii Fit and I did my 40 minutes. And you know -- by the time I was done, I felt a little better about it.

"You know what tonight is?" Matt said, as I was turning everything off and shoving the Fit board back under the couch.

"Um... Wednesday?"

"Leverage night!" He was already reaching for the TiVO remote as I headed into the kitchen for my soda and fudgie bar.

I was feeling better, but I was not in the mood for TV. Not even Leverage, which is possibly one of my favorite TV shows ever. I still just wanted to read for a bit and then go to bed early.

But there was no sense ruining Matt's enjoyment. I decided I'd watch a little while I ate my fudgie bar, and then if I wasn't hooked, I'd go to bed and watch the rest of it later. (Yay, TiVO.)

But Leverage hooked me, as it always does, and I really enjoyed the episode. (Anyone surprised if I admit that I think Chris Kane is hot? Didn't think so. Also, the chicken-fried steak thing made me squeal with laughter.)

When the show was over, I tweeted: I did not want to wiirkout, but I did, and felt better for it. I wasn't really in the mood for TV, but Leverage sucked me in. / I had wanted to go to bed early tonight, but given how my night's going, maybe I would be better off staying up until 2?

I didn't stay up quite that late, but I wasn't quite in bed yet at 11:30.

I woke up at 5 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I gave up trying at about 5:30, and got up and did another 20 minutes on the Wii Fit. (Note to self: Seriously, I need to put my glasses on next time. Trying to focus was making me dizzy. My uncorrected vision is no longer good enough for everything but reading and driving.)

Of course, now that it's too late, I really want to just go back to bed.

No comments: