Friday, July 2, 2010

Salvation

A long weekend is on the horizon! Salvation lurks!

I wonder how long it will take for the office to empty out entirely today. I'm strongly considering a "work from home" afternoon, myself.

Plans for the weekend?

Let's see. We're going to see Toy Story 3 on Saturday with Braz and Adin and Braz's girls (Penny hadn't wanted to see it until they invited us to join them... Apparently Penny's willing to see just about any movie as long as she gets to see it with cool people. By whom I mean Emma, of course.) And we'll very likely continue to hang out with them for the rest of the day, though nothing's been stated.

We don't currently have any plans for the 4th, though I'm going to call my parents today and see if they want to get together at some point. And it's my turn to take Penny to see the fireworks at our Sooper Seekrit stealth fireworks-watching location. (Which I need to drive by on Saturday, just to be sure I know how to get to it.) I'll take my camera and try to get some shots. I don't make any promises, though, since it's not like I get to practice fireworks photography very often. (I need to find my manual for the darned camera so I can look up how to adjust the settings on full-auto mode.)

Monday's the holiday from work and school, of course, but aside from dropping my car off to get the tires replaced (feel the excitement) we don't have any plans for that, either, yet. We'll want to avoid the obvious tourist spots like the beach or Busch Gardens, since they'll be swamped. Another movie? Visit a local museum? Take the kids to the park? No idea. We Shall See What Emerges.

No comments: