Friday, July 30, 2010

Mostly Up

An aside, before I get going: I was chatting with Matt last night about publicity for my book and I mentioned my writing website on LiveJournal. "You have a writing website?" he asked. I really thought I'd mentioned it here, but in case I hadn't, and you're curious, it's here. When I get a chance, I'll probably put a link to it in the sidebar, as well.

So.

I was about halfway through the morning yesterday, working from home, when I got an email from my boss's boss, asking if we could burn a CD for him, put a nice label on it, and ship it.

Well, usually, except that I didn't have any of the necessary equipment (like blank CDs or CD labels) with me, and both of us who have the label-printing software were working from home, so I couldn't just ask someone already at the office to do it for me. So I resigned myself to going back into the office in the afternoon. So much for my plan to wander the neighborhood with my camera.

Down.

Then I got an email from my aunt, making sure I knew I was invited to my cousin's rehearsal dinner, and also letting me know that my grandmother's health has taken a big turn for the better in the last couple of weeks.

Up!

Now that I have my pictures from the Chicago trip all sorted and processed, I thought I'd use up some free print credits from Walgreens that I had lying around. I got the pics all uploaded and placed the order. I decided to pick them up in town, since I was going to have to go out later for my allergy shot and to go back to work anyway. That decision a) saved me shipping fees, and b) got the prints to me the same day. Win-win!

After I submitted the final order, I got the usual confirmation email, which said I would get another email when they were ready to be picked up. I got that second email all of half an hour later.

Up!

Just about then, I got a text message from Adin, celebrating having officially acquired her apartment here in Williamsburg. I cheered, and offered to take her to lunch. She said they were already on their way to lunch, so I should join them there.

Up!

And the lunch location turned out to be right next to the Walgreens where my prints were, too!

Up!

When I got to the office, I had been given some work to do (aside from the CD/label thing, which took all of ten minutes). It's pretty tedious and boring work, but it has a real charge number attached.

Up!

I'd gone in to work still in my t-shirt and shorts that I'd put on in the morning, in mild protest of having to go in when I was supposed to be working from home, forgetting that my office is usually freezing. Shorts instead of pants did not help that.

Down.

After work, I talked to my mom and she offered to take us all out to eat on Saturday.

Up!

And then I made some more fairly good writing progress and decided on a way to handle my file-transfer problems and the dual desire to a) write more stories to sell and b) write a few short standalone stories to post on my site as freebies.

Up!

Didn't get a lot of sleep, though... Penny woke me up at 2 to ask me to tuck her back into bed. And then Matt's work Blackberry went off at about 4:30. He didn't hear it, and I didn't recognize it immediately, so I wound up wandering around the house in the dark, trying to figure out what was making that stupid noise. Maybe I should've just put a pillow over my head -- once I'd found it, Matt had to get up and go work for an hour.

Down!

But overall... a very Up! day. I'm hoping for an equally Up! weekend. (But with more sleep. Where's my coffee...?)

No comments: