Wednesday, September 22, 1999

22 September 1999
I'm writing from home this morning. The plumber is supposed to come and figure out why our showers don't come up with any hot water at 7:30, and then - since we have to do it before the month is out anyway - Matt and I are going to drive down to the county's courthouse to get our vehicles registered and such. So rather than sit and twiddle my thumbs while I wait for the plumber to show up, I thought I'd go ahead and write my journal entry.


My toe seems to be doing fine - thanks for asking. It doesn't hurt, even if I poke it gently, though I imagine it would if I stubbed it or something. (I almost used it to stop a rolling grocery cart yesterday. Oops!) If I look closely, though, it's obviously not completely healed, which means I have to keep it dry and bandaged.

I did better on the "dry" front this morning, though - I used duct tape and made sure to completely seal all the possible openings of the baggie I put my foot in before I took my shower. Duct tape is your friend! (And not a half-bad depilatory - OUCH!) So my foot stayed nice and dry while I took my (tepid) shower.


One thing I'll say about the cool showers - I've certainly started taking my showers much faster these days...


The good news is that I'm finally going to get a project at work!

The bad news is that the project is going to be helping to test this product. I hate testing.

At least it's not a makework project. The testing department has been having all sorts of trouble testing this product - we're not sure why, but suspect it's because none of them are programmers, so they're not sure what to do with the product in the first place. So I'll be on a whole team of programmers who've been shanghai'ed into testing. But it's only for about two weeks, and then - they tease - I might actually get real work.

But it starts Monday. The good news is that they're not going to make me trash my own computer. I'm not sure whether the box I'll be testing on will be put in my office, though, or if I'll have to spend two weeks in the testing lab. So if my entries get sporadic for a week or two, it's because I'm not at my desk to do them.

No comments: