Friday, September 3, 1999

3 September 1999
Sleep? We don' need no stinkin' sleep!

I was so tired yesterday afternoon that I dozed off at my desk. I told Matt on the way home that I thought I'd take a nap before my dad came over to help us around the house. Dad was waiting out in his truck when we got home, though, so I didn't get my nap.

Not that I'm too upset, mind you. A lot got done. We have a mailbox now, and blinds in the bedroom window. I don't have to get dressed in the closet anymore! Yay!

When Dad left last night, it was 9:00. I was going to go to bed, until Matt said, "Did you want to log on for the last half of the Meade Hall session?" Well, yes, actually, I did. So I didn't get to bed until about 10:30. That sounds fairly reasonable, actually, but I'm still trying to get caught up from a week of sleeping no more than 5 hours a night. And the cat woke us up at 5 this morning and continued pestering us until my alarm went off.


Today promises to be interesting. Matt and I are leaving work early, because the cable guy will be coming to our house sometime between 12 and 4. (What good is an on-time guarantee if you still have to take a whole half-day off from work?) While we're home, we'll try to call our builder to come and finish the last things that need to be done inside our house, and Dad promised to come over in the early afternoon to help us with the rest of our blinds. Though I had been hoping, if the cable guy came early enough, to go down to the county courthouse to take care of our vehicle registrations. We'll see, I guess.

My brother is coming home sometime tonight, and tomorrow we'll have a birthday party for him and my mom. I'm looking forward to showing him our house. Maybe he'll have some advice on decorating.


One of the things that sold me on our house was the closet space. The walk-in closet for the master bedroom is almost the size of my freshman dorm room. When we were showing Braz and Kris around, Kris saw this closet, punched Braz in the kidneys, and told him, "Braz! We need more closets! And babies!"

No comments: