Tuesday, September 28, 1999

28 September 1999
Wow. September's almost over. Matt and I should swing by the apartment complex soon - possibly tomorrow - and turn in our keys. My birthday is in six weeks - checking the calendar, it's exactly six weeks from today, actually!

I need to put together a new graphics scheme for this page, too. Not sure when I'll have the time for that, though, since I'm in testing most of the time. Well, we'll see. Something Hallwe'en-themed, probably. I love Hallowe'en.

And yes, it's really properly spelled with the apostrophe!


K.T. was telling me yesterday about a writing exercise she'd seen in which you pick a topic of positive (or at least non-negative) connotations, like "Things I'd like to do someday" or "Foods I like" or "Good movie quotes" and try to come up with 100 items for the list. I told her that I could probably come up with 100 foods I like, but that I wasn't sure about any other topics!

But in seriousness it sounds like an interesting exercise. Most people get bogged down around 35 or 40 on most lists. Having to come up with more stretches the imagination. I may try to come up with a topic and do it some time.


Working for the testing department seems more and more an exercise in futility. The tests are badly organized and a number of the staff are completely clueless when it comes to computers. (This is not a sin in and of itself - my mother isn't especially computer-savvy... But then, she wasn't hired to test computer programs!) Completely aside from personal dislike of the assignment, the surroundings, and several of the people, I'm beginning to understand why our programs aren't particularly well-tested.

They'd kill me for saying this, but all our programmers should spend a week or two in testing. Then we'd test our own stuff much better before turning it over to the testing department.


The cat has changed his mind about who to wake up in the morning. Yesterday and this morning, he concentrated on Matt's side of the bed, rubbing his face against Matt's chin, knocking Matt's glasses off his bedtable, and generally making a nuisance of himself to Matt.

I'm trying to let this bother me.

No comments: