Thursday, September 23, 1999

23 September 1999
So, I had a bad day yesterday.

When the plumber showed up to fix the showers, of course, the water came out of the tap so hot I could barely keep my hand in it. But this morning? Barely better than tepid. This morning, after I'd gotten dressed and combed my hair? Hot. Maybe I'll try to take my showers in the afternoon or something.


And this testing team that I've been assigned to... Pfah. It includes about three people whom I actively dislike because of the creepy way they insist on trying to make friends even when I'm aggressively ignoring them. And it's going to be a three-week test. For the duration of those three weeks (ish) I'll be working in the testing lab, not at my computer. Which means I can't use AIM or send e-mail or surf at all. Even during slow moments. I'll be sitting in cheap and often broken chairs, using obsolete hand-me-down computers.

Can you tell I'm not happy about being part of the testing team?

And to make matters worse, it turns out I am the only programmer assigned to it. At least, I was the only one yesterday. The paranoid side of my brain keeps trying to tell me that the company management can't figure out what to do with me (after all, I haven't had a task lead or a decent project in close to four months) and they're trying to make me miserable so I'll look for work someplace else. Lately, it's become harder and harder to ignore that little voice.


There are other things, too, that I just don't want to bother going in to. Suffice it to say, I had a miserable day yesterday, I didn't get to sleep until midnight, I had another goddamned tepid shower this morning, and I'm in for a miserable day at work.

I just want to go back to bed.

No comments: