Friday, February 25, 2000

25 February 2000

Well, we helped K.T. and Kevin move last night. Not that there was much for us to do - by the time we were both off from work and had found the new apartment, they and some helpers from Kevin's work had already gotten most everything. When we got there, they'd already emptied the second U-Haul load and were having some pizza.

We had a couple of slices of pizza, and then Matt went with the boys back to the apartment for a final load, and K.T. and I went to pick up her pictures from her trip to New Orleans and unpacked things.

After the last load had been unloaded, K.T. and I drove to the old apartment to pick up the cats. We took separate cars - Sandi and Bear stuck in a car together meow and yowl pitifully in chorus, and it's enough to drive someone quite mad. I took Sandi, and was extremely amused. Rather than yowling the way my cat does, she let off a continuous series of little quiet "meow!"s.

As I told everyone when I got back - it was very easy to imagine that she was saying, "Help! Oh, help! I've been kidnapped! Help! Someone save me!" Her "voice" was somewhat quiet and ladylike, and if I didn't know that Sandi was a huge blob of a cat, I'd have pictured her as being small and dainty.

K.T. had bought a cake in addition to the pizza - one mover's birthday was only two days past, and another's was coming up in only a day or so. Matt was good, but I gave in and blew my diet. (Actually, I don't think I really blew it, but I did stretch it to its limit. The party on Saturday will probably blow it.)


K.T. had gotten a new Pizza Hut cheese-lover's pizza, which I actually rather liked (naturally, since she was unimpressed) - but I'd forgotten about what lots of cheese does to my digestive system. I was up and down several times last night. No fun.

And of course I'm tired this morning. I managed to dribble juice all over my new shirt while I was taking my medicine this morning. My only consolation is that it was apple juice instead of cranberry juice, so it came out quickly with some cold water.


Work is likely to be boring today. I've reached a point where I can't do any more on my part of the project until some of the other people finish their parts.

I've come up with a project to work on for my webpage, but I haven't decided yet whether I want to do it in JavaScript, Perl, or PHP3, so I'll be looking into the possibilities of each. I may also attempt to work on some fiction, but we'll see about that.

No comments: