Wednesday, February 9, 2000

9 February 2000

Tired. Tired tired tired. I was asleep by ten last night. I didn't wake up once the whole night, not even when Matt came to bed. The cat was in the garage, and so I slept soundly all the way through until my alarm went off at 6. And then I dozed until it went off again at 6:07. At 6:14, I decided I really ought to get up and take my shower. I wish I knew why I was still tired, though.

Not to mention cold. Yeesh. Somebody turned off the thermostat in the office again last night, and I didn't figure it out until almost 9. Now my fingernails are blue, and it'll be noon before the building is comfortable again.


Wow. I'm feeling amazingly un-talkative today. Maybe it's because I spent most of yesterday in an exhausted stupor, so there's nothing new to talk about.

Actually, I finally found a missing disk with some pictures on it from January. Most of them are from various snowshowers, but there's a sortof amusing one of K.T.'s cat being completely oblivious. I'll get around to posting them eventually.


I ordered some Girl Scout cookies yesterday. Well, to be accurate, I had Matt order some Girl Scout cookies for me yesterday, since the person taking orders is at his office rather than mine. I had trouble restraining myself. I love Girl Scout cookies. (Restraint, mind you, was six boxes of cookies. If I'd ordered all the cookies I wanted, it would've been closer to fifteen.)

I wish they'd bring back the other low-fat cookie, though. The apple-cinnamon cookies are all right, but kindof bland. (I know, I know, I'm one to talk about bland!) But the old cookie, though they called it an oatmeal raisin cookie, was much more like a ginger cookie, and was very good dunked in milk.

What's funny is that I don't really eat cookies most of the rest of the year. I went a little bananas this year, making Christmas cookies, but that was because I was unemployed and had all this extra time on my hands for baking. Usually I assist in one batch of moon cookies, make one or two batches of fudge, and then that's it; there just isn't time for anything more.

But most of the time, I don't eat cookies. Once every couple of months I'll get a yen for something and buy some cookies. (I'm especially vunerable to Nutter Butter cookies, and despite what K.T. and Kevin think, I could easily get addicted to their chocolate variety.) But it's not something that happens very often. When I think, "snack" then I think chips or candy. When I think, "dessert" then I think ice cream or pie or cake. Cookies are just a kindof weird niche for me, I guess; I don't think of them unless I specifically decide that I want a cookie.


Sorry this is so disjointed. I just can't really pull my brain together in order to talk about anything coherently.

No comments: