Tuesday, April 25, 2000

25 April 2000

Mike Behind the File Cabinet's girlfriend got a Palm of her own over the weekend - hers is the Vx model, which I think means it's pretty much the same as mine, but with 8M of memory instead of 2. Mike was quite impressed with the little machine, and expounded enthusiastically to me about it for a goodly while.

I agreed that it was a nifty piece of work, and continued on about my day.

In the late afternoon, just before I was about to leave for the day, he read to Random-Mike and me from Palm's website the following statistic: "Palm Computing commands 78.4% of the worldwide market for personal companions."

"Personal companions?" we said. "It's not enough that they make a fantastic PDA, but now they market hookers, too?"

I held up my Palm for display. "You should see the attachments you can get for this thing!"

Much hilarity ensued.


Matt kept us on track, and we filled out our little chart to say what we were going to cook for dinner this week. I may be slightly overly ambitious. Tonight I'm making my mom's macaroni and cheese casserole, which is a favorite of my childhood but feed eight easily. Thursday, I'm making a pot roast which - if you do it right - is good for at least three or four nights.

Matt, quite happily, wrote "Leftovers" for his meal for Sunday.


Okay, I remembered my camera disk today, so here's the pictures I didn't post yesterday. (I'll get them up full-size in the photo album eventually. Don't rush me.)

Sam and John, looking cute
Here's the cute picture of my brother and his fiancée. It did turn out very dark, but the wonders of Paint Shop Pro are not to be denied.

The chocolate CD
Here's the chocolate CD I got for Matt's Easter basket. It even came in a jewelcase! Okay, so it's not that exciting. Next!

KILL!   Is he hatching it, or what?
Here are some insufferably cute pictures of my cat visciously killing a plastic Easter egg.


Word of the Day: Pollyanna - a person characterized by irrepressible optimism and a tendency to find good in everything

All I can think of, really, when I see this is a scene from the comic book The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. The League is still being formed, and they go to a girls' boarding school where - it turns out later - the Invisible Man is making free with the ladies. As the League carts him away, in the background his latest victim is talking to the headmistress, saying something along the lines of, "Though I've been mishandled by a demon, I'm determined to make the best of it!"

It just cracked me up. Damn, but I wish they'd continue that series...

No comments: