Monday, June 26, 2000

26 June 2000

Oh, what a great weekend! Karen and Kris and I went to Target after lunch on Friday to pick up water guns and found ourselves sidetracked by the hats. I wound up buying two hats. I was going to put one of them back - I hardly ever wear hats! - but I was informed in no uncertain terms that it was too cute to pass up.

Friday evening we met Matt and Braz and Jeremy for dinner at the Outback. Yum yum yum! I love eating there. It was Karen's first trip, so of course we had to run the full gamut of the Outback experience, from appetizers to dessert. It just wouldn't have been fair otherwise, would it?

Liz about to wreak vengeance...Guys dig chicks with big guns, right?Saturday was K.T.'s cookout. I have to say, I'm sortof glad that a lot of people decided not to come. I think the numbers were just about perfect - there were still a lot of people there, and another four or five people and the place would've been too crowded. We ate hamburgers and hot dogs and had a fantastic water gun fight. (Pictures from the party - mostly from the water gun fight - are in the album.)

The water-gun fight wore us out a lot, though. Braz and Kris left around six-thirty or so, and Matt and I left about an hour later, after making sure someone would give Karen a ride later. The four of us went to Ben & Jerry's for some ice cream, but spent most of the evening sitting around the house in an exhausted stupor. The party was worth it, though!

Sunday morning we were all just getting up and going when K.T. called to see if we wanted to meet them to see Titan A.E., which most of us were in fact interested in seeing. We arranged to meet them at the theater, and I panicked at everyone about the timeframe until we were on the road. Getting our snacks made us miss the opening previews, but since they were all for kiddie films, I wasn't too disappointed.

After the movie, we walked across the parking lot to Ruby Tuesday's for lunch. Or maybe dinner. A lot of food, at any rate. I've avoided Ruby Tuesday's for the past year or so - for a while there it seemed like every time I went into one I came out with an upset stomach. But I was fine this time; maybe it's just the Ruby Tuesday's in Williamsburg.

I'm taking this morning off from work - Karen's leaving this morning, and I'll probably head into work after she leaves. I was going to go back to bed after I'd moved my car to let Matt out this morning, but the extremely weird dreams I'd been having all morning while he was getting ready for work made me decide to just get up instead. And as long as I was up, I might as well write a journal entry, right?


Word of the Day: doggerel - loosely styled and irregular in measure especially for burlesque or comic effect; marked by triviality or inferiority (usually applied to verse or poetry)

There was a young lady named Rose
Who was tired of writing in prose.
But her doggerel verse
Is so very much worse
That straight into the trashcan it goes!

No comments: