Thursday, December 11, 2008

Busy Busy

So last night was the book club's holiday meeting. The book exchange was lively (several books were in high demand and changed hands more than once) and the food was good, and Dawn brought a pot of homemade >rumtopf to liven the festivities.

Saturday is already promising to be busy. I realized that if I'm going to pick up gifts for Penny's teachers, then this is the weekend to do it, as it's the last weekend before school is out for the holidays. And since Penny just finished filling in a chore chart, she's due a reward toy, so I'll probably take her to Yankee Candle and kill two birds with one stone, there. ("...Why can't we go tonight?" she whined, last night. Life can never happen fast enough for little kids.)

And we're having the moon cookie party that afternoon at our house. (Which means I need to not only completely clear off the dining table, but also most of the kitchen counter, for cooling racks... Oy. Well, at least it's a temporary thing, and I can just lug stuff upstairs and dump it in our room until we're done.)

I'm looking forward to it, though. If anything can manage to revive my guttering spark of holiday spirit, it'll be moon cookies.

No comments: