Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hole in the Bucket

I got in the car yesterday morning to take the kids to school, and we were only halfway down our street when I noticed what seemed to be a strand of tinsel stuck to my windshield. Except that it wasn't moving.

Stress-crack. I have a four-inch-long stress-crack in the windshield. Well, crap. Well, they can last months without changing. No need to panic.

Except that in the drive from our house to Alex's daycare, it had grown by at least half an inch. And another quarter of an inch on the drive back to Penny's school. When I went out to the car at lunchtime to go to the gym, it had stretched another inch or more.

Every time I came back to my car, the crack had noticeably grown.

It continued over night, though slowed -- between last night and this morning, it had only grown by an inch.

So I guess as soon as we're back from Chicago, I'll need to get my windshield replaced. Whee.

No comments: