Friday, September 11, 2009

Kids Are Weird.

"Mommy, look!"

"Yes, I see."

"No, on your windshield!"

"Yes, I see it."

"No, there, on your windshield!"

"Yes, a bug, I see it."

"What kind of bug is it?"

"A dead one."

"But what kind?"

"I don't know."

"Maybe it's a fly."

"It's not a fly."

"Maybe a fly squished it."

"Unlikely, but sure, whatever."

"Maybe it's a mosquito."

"Um, maybe."

(Time passes...)

"Say bye-bye, bug!"

"Mom, no!"

"...Hon, it was raining. I had to turn on the wipers."

"But you wiped off the bug!"

"I had to see the road, Penny."

"But I liked that bug! It was cute!"

"...Life is like that sometimes, hon."

"You made me want to cry."

(Time passes...)

"Why did you have to wipe off the bug?"

"Because it was raining and I need to be able to see the road when I'm driving. I'm sorry it wiped off the bug, too, but that happens when things are outside the car -- they get wiped away, or blown away, or washed away. If you want to keep things, you need to keep them inside."

"Look! It's still there, on the wipers!"

"Huh. So it is."

"Quick! Put it in my pocket so I can keep it safe!"

1 comment:

Evandino said...

lol, you made my day :)