Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Squeeze

My schedule today looks like a finely crafted orchestration. No, seriously, check it out:


  • 11:00-12:30: Weekly meeting #1 for the Beast project. I'll have to leave it early, though, because...

  • 11:45-12:30: Chiropractor appointment. Luckily, my chiropractor is usually on-time and quick, because getting back to work at 12:30 gives me half an hour to eat lunch, check email, and do any piled-up work before...

  • 1:00-2:00: All-hands meeting. Nothing to worry about, a "state of the union" sort of deal. But it'll eat up every bit of that hour, and I'll have to sprint back to my desk for...

  • 2:00-3:00: Division-level meeting for QA and MA personnel. I'd assume this is going to be a snoozefest conference call during which I can catch up on other things, except the division is in the midst of a lot of reorg upheaval, so I expect I'll have to actually pay attention while they tell me what the new policies and standards are going to be. After that...

  • The 3-4 meeting that was on my schedule for today got moved, so I actually get an hour and a half break to do some work before...

  • 4:45: Need to leave work to pick Alex up from daycare, because Matt will be taking Penny to her swim lesson. I'll get home with Alex around...

  • 5:30: Get dinner started so that we can eat as soon as Matt and Penny get home, around 5:45. (Thank goodness for Leftovers Night.) We usually eat at around 6:15, but tonight is...

  • 6:30: Back-to-school night for Penny's school. Matt's going to this, and he'll need to walk out the door no later than 6:15. (If the weather's good, he might decide to just walk over -- it wouldn't take much longer than driving and trying to find a parking space.) While he's gone, I might get 15 minutes to check my email and twitter, and then I'll clean dinner dishes, make lunches for tomorrow, and...

  • 7:30-7:45: Put Alex in PJs, read him a book, and put him to bed. Which segues neatly into...

  • 7:45-8:15: Penny's cleanup/prep for bed/storytime. I expect Matt will get home somewhere in here. Normally, I'd take a shower after this, before we tuck her into bed at 8:30, but since my schedule doesn't have a space in it big enough for me to go to the gym, and thanks to some craptacular traffic, I missed going to the gym yesterday, too...

  • 8:30-10:00: Go to the gym. (45 minutes of driving, 45 minutes of working out.) When I get back...

  • 10:00-11:00: Take a shower, put on my PJs, and collapse on the couch to have a soda, check emails and twitter, and finally go to bed.



I admit it's not as tightly scheduled as it could be -- I have nothing before 11, and then I actually have a space big enough to eat lunch, and another one in the afternoon to get some work done.

But I have to say, it's a pretty impressively-packed day.

No comments: