Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Crash and Burn

I was so exhausted yesterday -- between minimal/poor sleep at camp, plus staying up late Sunday to hear Obama's announcement of bin Laden's death -- that I gave up after the manager's meeting, went home early, and fell into bed.

When I nap, it's usually not for more than a couple of hours, but yesterday I crashed from 11:45 until well past 3, so a solid three and a half hours. When I woke up, I was still a little groggy, but no longer dizzy and nauseous, so huzzah for progress.

Of course, the late nap made it hard for me to get to sleep last night, so I was awake until after midnight. Two steps forward, one step back, but I guess that's still progress. I need to get caught up on sleep, though, because Thursday night Matt and I are going to the Jonathan Coulton concert in Richmond, and we're not likely to get back from that until quite late.

Today I get to pick Penny up from school and meet Matt at the post office for Penny's passport application stuff. It still makes me very eye-rolly that this needs an actual appointment -- seriously, it shouldn't take more than five minutes -- but whatever. After that's done, I'll come back to the office and Matt will take her to the library to find some books for a school project.

And that's my week, in slightly disjointed order. Sorry about that. Still working on that whole sleep deprivation thing.

No comments: