Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I'm Back!

Okay, my one post from the road turned out to be my one post from the road. Thank goodness, I started sleeping in later after that!

We had a fantastic time. Penny was prone to occasional bits of grouchiness and unwarranted sadness (due largely to the fact that she was getting up at 6:30 or 7 and not going to bed until 10 or later most nights) but mostly, she was fantastic.

We didn't do a lot of stuff -- mostly just hung around the resort taking advantage of their amenities -- but we did go to a dolphin encounter thing, and we did spend time on the beach and by the pool, and we did eat at a lot of great restaurants, and we did have a fantastic time. Next time (oh yes, there will be a next time!) I want to go parasailing, and maybe we'll try to tour some ruins or pyramids.

All my pictures are up on Flickr -- this set has them in the correct order (otherwise, the ones I posted from the road show up in my standard photostream before all the ones I uploaded after we got home, regardless of when they were taken).


I don't care about swimming in the ocean or playing in the sand (though Penny enjoyed it) but that water is too beautiful to look away from. I spent hours sitting at the poolside bar/cafe, drinking frozen drinks and just staring out over the railing at the beach. I spent more hours sitting on the balcony of the timeshare doing the same (only without the frozen drinks). I wish we could have stayed the whole two weeks; I'd be there right now, watching the waves roll. Even on the day it was cloudy and rainy, the ocean was beautiful.

It was great to see Matt and Alex again -- I'd missed them a lot -- but if I could take them with me, I'd go back right now.



No comments: