Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sleeps

I haven't been writing for the last few weeks, mostly because I've been sucked into re-reading the Song of Ice and Fire series. So last night I thought I should at least read through my current project, so I could remember where I'd left off and be able to pick back up again.

So once we'd gotten the kids put to bed and I'd had my shower, I sat down with my iPad and scrolled to the top of the document and started reading. It wasn't too bad for a first draft, but I was all of about half an hour in when I started nodding off. It was only 9:30, and I'm usually up until 10:30 or 11, but I could not, for the life of me, keep my eyes open.

So I gave up. Matt says when he came upstairs at 10 to do Penny's blood sugar check, it looked like I had been sitting up and just fallen sideways across the bed. Luckily for him, by the time he came to bed, I'd moved into a more usual position, but I hadn't found the energy to get under the covers. I remember waking up around midnight because I was cold, so I went to the bathroom and got under the covers, and then I don't remember anything until my alarm went off at 6.

I'm still tired. Logy, even. If I thought I could put my head down and not be disturbed, I'd probably sleep for another two or three hours. I don't know if it's a delayed reaction to coming back from vacation, or if I've got a minor bug I'm fighting, or what, but my body and brain are in complete agreement: Zzzzzz.

Maybe I'll be going to bed early again tonight.

No comments: