Monday, May 3, 1999

Archive - 3 May 1999

Had a pretty good weekend. Friday night, we went shopping. Matt went to J.C. Penney's and while the clerk he talked to wasn't exactly sure how to ship gifts, she knew that it was possible and was willing to look it up. So that's done. While he was in Penney's, I went to Lane Bryant to pick up some bras, and while I was there I noticed that they had stretch jeans in stock again. (I will only wear stretch jeans. They are so much more comfortable than normal denim.) So, since jeans sizes are weird, I grabbed to pairs to try on - the size I thought I needed, and the next larger size. (Jeans usually run small. I don't know why.) But the size I thought would fit were loose! Whoo-hoo! Of course, they didn't have the next size smaller in stock. ::sigh:: So I still don't have jeans that fit. But it felt good, dammit! And I bought some butterfly clips that are currently The Thing (they'll be gone in a month or so, I'm sure, but I've been seeing them all over the place in the last couple of weeks) so I'm feeling very stylish.

After we went shopping, we went over to K.T.'s and chatted for a while and then we watched Gross Pointe Blank, which was a fun movie. (Quick sum-up, if you've never seen it before: John Cusak plays a hit-man who goes to his 10-year high school reunion.)

Saturday we lazed around the house for a while and then went to K.T.'s again for the bi-weekly game. We wrapped up the Alternity game - and I felt really good about the wrap-up. I actually came up with a plan, dictated it to the others, modified it slightly based on their suggestions, and executed it. And I made it through combat without getting knocked unconscious! (Only just barely, but that counts!) Then we made up characters for the Werewolf game we're going to do next. Joel, who I've started to warm up to, lost ground with me by complaining that he didn't think he'd like the game - but making up a character anyway. (For pete's sake, it's OK if you don't think you'd like a game, but if you're going to try it, don't complain about it!) Somewhere in there, we all went out to dinner. Usually, we order out pizza or send a couple of people to fetch fast food, but we were having trouble deciding and Saturday was K.T.'s birthday anyway, so we went out to eat. Italian food, mmm.

Sunday was nice, too. We had a nice, quiet morning (okay, I had a nice, quiet morning - Matt slept until noon) and then after we got the chores done, we went to my folks' place to visit with them. Mom had put a pot roast in the oven that morning, so she invited us to stay for dinner, and you'd better believe we stayed! I love pot roast, but almost never make it because I don't have a pan big enough for a roast and all the vegetables I like with a roast. And slow-cooking a roast means you need to be home most of the day. (Yeah, I've thought about making it in my crock pot, but the crock pot isn't big enough - again - to hold all the veggies. As far as I'm concerned the only reason you need meat in a pot roast is to flavor the vegetables. I like to make a 1 - 2 pound roast with about 4 pounds of potatoes, carrots, and onions.)

So that was my weekend. I hope yours was good, too!

No comments: