Friday, May 28, 1999

We had a special meeting of the Meade Hall last night to wrap up a plot that Karen had introduced. Unfortunately, I think we were trying to do too much at once, and everyone was still going strong when I rather adamantly left around 11PM. (Because we only have one internet-connected computer at home, Matt and I come in to the office to get on the Hall. It wouldn't be a big deal if it didn't mean an extra twenty minutes or so between quitting mIRC and going to bed.) If I'd known that Ashby didn't really know how he was going to close off his thread, and that Jeff was expecting his bit to take close to an hour, I'd have suggested that we split the plot into two pieces.

Well, those of you who know what I'm talking about can probably guess how it should have been split. I probably lost the rest of you right at the beginning.

Matt is still suffering from a cold, though I think he's past the laryngitis, thank heavens. He was worried last night about his coughing keeping me awake. I laughed. Once I get to sleep, it takes quite a bit to wake me up - a mere cough wouldn't do it. (The honk of a nose being blown might, though. I've never met anyone who blows their nose so loudly!) ::grin::

We missed our showers this morning. After I fed the cat, Matt wanted to cuddle, and I'm never one to turn that down - not to mention that since I'd had only six hours of sleep, getting back into bed was definitely more appealing than getting into the shower. I'll probably regret it later today when my hair starts feeling nasty, but for right now, I'm pretty happy.

We stopped by the house yesterday and they still haven't done any work on it. But Nancy's car was there, so we decided to hang out and wait for her so we could talk to her. (Nancy is our realtor. I've been leaving her voice mail messages every other day for a week, now, but she hasn't called back.) While we were waiting, we saw a list of upcoming closings, and ours is the only house scheduled to close in August. It made me feel better that all the houses that were started after ours but are now much further ahead are supposed to be done by July - at least they have an excuse for putting those ahead of ours! And since we're the only house closing in August, I'm hoping the interior crews (they should be down to the interior work by then) will be able to concentrate on just our house. So that made me feel a little better.

Then, while we were waiting, we wound up talking to Donald, who is the builder's supervisor, and the guy that we would have wound up sending Nancy to anyway. He told us that he'd been planning on having the lumber delivered to our site next Tuesday, and that the framing crew would start framing on Wednesday. (Which means we'll need to go over there every day next week starting on Wednesday until we're sure they made the changes to the blueprints that we asked for.) But getting a definite date out of them really made me feel much better.

I still want to call our apartment complex and find out if there's even a slim chance that they'll be willing to be flexible about our lease. I'd at least like to only have to give them one month's notice instead of the two they usually demand. Or let us extend our lease by only one month instead of their usual minimum of two. I don't have a lot of hope, but maybe if I explain that the house is being built... We've been fairly good customers for the complex for the past three and a half years - only one late rent payment in all that time - so I hope they'll be reasonable. But I'm not counting on it.

Another boring Friday. I told both my task lead and my supervisor that I had finished my project, and so far they haven't given me anything new to work on. So it'll be another day of not much of anything for me... Oh, well. Friday before a long weekend, I'm not too crushed. (At least I remembered my book this time!)

No comments: