Tuesday, May 18, 1999

An update: At lunch yesterday, Jeremy told me that he had heard of the plan by NASA to send solar energy to the earth for use as electricity, and it did, in fact, involve microwaves. So I have to give the awful book that much credit, I suppose. But then we picked it apart even further, so I'm still not inclined to fish it out of the trashcan.


I got my invitation to my high school reunion a few days ago. There are three events: A happy hour on Friday, a cocktail party on Saturday (the main event) and a picnic on Sunday. If by some miracle our house is finished on time, we'll be moving that weekend. I've been looking forward to this reunion for years, but the move is going to put a crimp in our style. (How together can you look after spending a day moving heavy objects?) And it will cost $70 per person if we preregister by the end of June. Not counting what it will cost to locate a cocktail dress. (I had been thinking of wearing my bridesmaid's dress left over from Jen's wedding, but I think it's too long and full to be a cocktail dress, and I'm not a good enough seamstress to alter it for anything but stage use.) Oh, well. By the end of June, we'll have decided whether to move our closing date for the house, at least.


I've got new sheets on the bed at home. Actually, they're not that new - they were given to us as a wedding present, so they're a little more than a year old. But we just took them out of the package this weekend. (Every time we've washed the sheets for a year, we've just put the same set back on the bed. I don't know why.) I love these sheets! They actually fit the bed, and they're very very soft and smooth. I'm tempted to run out and buy another set right away, even though they're sortof expensive, because they feel so nice. But I suppose I'd better wait until they've been used for a while, and washed once or twice, to make sure they're not going to form pills. But right now, they're fantastic!


Not much to talk about today, I guess. We're counting down to Friday for the Star Wars party, and that seems to be pretty much dominating my brain. Maybe tomorrow I'll do my rant for you. Today, I'm just tired.

No comments: