Wednesday, May 12, 1999

Well, I've been seeing another round of "about me" e-mail questionnaires lately, so I hunted around until I found the most extensive one I could. Hold onto your hats!

Name: Born Elizabeth Carol Luck, now Elizabeth Luck Brooks
Nicknames: Liz
Handle: Dragoneyes (unless I'm on the MeadeHall, in which case all bets are off!)
Date of Birth: 9 November 1971
Marital Status: Married (first and hopefully only time)
Spouse: Matthew Christopher Brooks, married 18 April 1998
Children: No, thanks - I ate lunch on the way over.
Birthplace: Hampton, Virginia
Parents: Chet and Alma Luck, and in-laws Jill and Robert.
Siblings: John (younger by just short of three years). Sister-in-law Rachael and brother-in-law Evan, both younger.
Eyes: Two. Don't ask what color. Grey? Blue? Something in between?
Hair: Very long (to the small of my back) and brown with reddish highlights, apparently.
Height: 5'4"
Weight: More than I'd like it to be, less than it was six months ago, and we'll just leave it at that, OK?
Pets: One cat, black with a white throat. His official name is Diamond, but lately his nickname has been "Spud"
Religion: No thanks, I gave it up for Lent.
Job: Programmer/analyst for 3-G International
Hobbies: Reading, knitting and crocheting, reading, computer games, reading, role-playing games, reading, writing, and did I mention reading yet?
Tattoos and piercings: One set of ear piercings (one hole per ear) and just lately I've been wearing a temporary tattoo on my left ankle. I've thought about getting a real tattoo (something small and inconspicuous) but I can't decide on a design that I'd be willing to live with for the rest of my life. (Also, I'm not very big on pain. I had to psyche myself up to get my ears pierced.)
Things I Collect: Dust, when I'm sitting on the couch reading. Oh, the other kind of collect? Everything. I'm a real pack-rat.
Best Experience: Marrying my best friend
Worst Experience: Graduate School
Worst Habit: Hmm. There are so many to choose from... Okay, I tend to judge people on first meeting them when I know I should get to know them better.
Ideal Future: I want to be rich, but not famous so I don't have to work unless I want to and can spend my life living in the lap of luxury.
Favorite Number: 27
Favorite Color: Blue. Electric blue, midnight blue, any shade except baby blue.
Least Favorite Color: Weird question. I can't wear orange, yellow, red, or dark shades of pink, but I don't dislike those colors - I just don't wear them. There are some pretty awful combinations of colors - Matt has a T-shirt that's got bright purple and neon green.
Ideal Night on the Town: Dinner and a movie with my sweetie, or hanging out with a bunch of friends
Favorite Restaurant: Hey, nice segueway... Applebee's, Top's China take-out, Carmela's (Italian), Don Pablo's (Tex-Mex), and Outback.
Favorite Food: Um... Yes? Oh, all right. Ice cream, chips, sweet fruits, tomatoes, corn
Least Favorite Food: Seafood of any sort, spicy food (I don't even like pepper) and certain icky vegetables.
Favorite Alcoholic Drink: Bloody Mary, Tom Collins, or a screwdriver, depending on my mood and what's available.
Favorite Stones or Gems: Whoever wrote this was angling for an expensive present. Oh, what the heck: Sapphires or opals. One day I'm going to design a pendant or ring with both, in a silver setting.
Favorite Flower: Damned if I know. I like all sorts of flowers. My favorite rose is cream colored with dark pink or red tips, but it's not the only flower I like.
Favorite Season: Autumn
Favorite Holiday: Christmas
Favorite Part of the Newspaper: Comics
Have You Ever...
Used Tobacco? Never even tried it. I hate the smell.
Drank Alcohol? Yeah, but I don't drink much anymore.
Done Drugs? Tried it. Didn't like it.
Broken the Law? Probably. (That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!)
Broken a Bone? Two toes and a finger, and I suspect I once had a greenstick fracture in my leg, but it was never confirmed.
Coke or Pepsi? Coke
Nike or Adidas? Geez, what is with these shoe-obsessed people? Who cares? Gimme a pair of Keds and let's just go play!
Blondes or Brunettes? Brune- What? Matt's hair is what color? Oh. Um... Blondes. Definitely. Yeah.
Open windows or AC? AC. Every summer I give thanks multiple times that I was born after AC was invented.
Righty or Lefty? Righty, though there are things I can only do with my left - like snapping my fingers.
Tall or Short? Well, everyone says I'm short, but I think that might just be because I have a lot of tall friends.
What is your biggest pet peeve? Um... I dunno. I'm easy to irritate. Probably it's people who say "nu-cu-lar" instead of "nuclear"
What is your most humiliating moment? And I want to know who thought it would be a good idea to put this question out! Did they think I'd actually tell you? (There are too many to choose from. If you know me in person, you were probably present for at least one of them. If you don't know me, then I don't want you to know how I've humiliated myself!)
What is your favorite breakfast? Waffles or French toast with bacon and sausage. And orange or tomato juice. Yum yum yum yum yum!
What is your favorite lunch? Tuna salad and crackers, sour cream and cheddar chips, and an apple cut into itty-bitty slices.
What is your favorite dinner? Anything I don't have to make myself. Prime rib from Outback steakhouse, with lots of that great bread, a sweet potato on the side, and their cinnamon oblivion for dessert. (Now I'm hungry...)
What do you think about abortion? I think it's a personal choice. My personal choice is that, as long as I will be able to financially support a child, I won't abort it.
What do you think about religion? I consider myself to be a spiritual person, but not a religious one. Other people's religions are fine with me as long as they are willing to go away when I tell them I'm not interested.
Do you agree with the quote "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all"? Yes. Yes, absolutely. If I have to explain why, then you've never really be in love.
Would you have casual sex with someone you liked? Well, not now that I'm married. And I wouldn't have, before. But I recently came to the conclusion that there were times that I should have, as weird as that sounds.

Well, that's a sortof abrupt place to end a questionnaire. Oh, well. Enjoy! And - just to set the record straight - I adore these things, so if you'd like to answer this one and send it to me, I will read it gleefully and with great amusement and I promise I'll write back!

No comments: