Friday, October 15, 1999

15 October 1999

KT came over last night so we could take our pictures for the Metajournals article. KT suggested posing as if we were actually interviewing, which resulted in most of the pictures actually going to Metajournals (so you'll see those when the article goes up). Matt, on the other hand, wanted to do something silly, so he arranged us in the front yard in a sort of "American Gothic" pose. Only we don't have a pitchfork, so I held our claw-rake, and he had KT look at me quite dubiously. It would've been a cute picture if I hadn't blinked. But we had fun.
Not Quite American Gothic
Liz and KT laughing
Afterwards, we managed to talk KT into staying for dinner. I waffled over what to make for a while - wanting to make something she would like, but which wouldn't screw up my diet for the day, and having gone out to lunch made it difficult.

But I eventually decided on chicken with caramelized onion, which I haven't made in just ages, and she ate all of it and asked for the recipe, so I felt happy.


As I've mentioned before, when we're on the MeadeHall, there's usually a second channel in which we talk about non-Hall-related stuff. Last night, Jeremy showed up to chat, although he doesn't Hall, and the following bit of silliness was sparked when Matt gave Jeremy operator status on the side channel:
 
*** Matt sets mode: +o Jeremy
<Jeremy> oh, thank you.
<Matt> Pee, you're welcome.
<Liz> Queue up to see the show!
<Matt> Are you sure there's a show?
<Liz> Ess, of course I'm sure!
<Matt> Tea-riffic!
<Jeremy> U are all crazy
<Jeff> no...ewe all are crazy
<Liz> Vee should really get on with things.
<Matt> Double-ewe if you want to really talk about crazy.
<Liz> Ex-capees from the asylum!
<Jeff> EX-cuse me?
<Matt> Why, of course.
<Jeff> Zee for your self.
<Liz> 'Ey! We're busy in 'ere!
<Jeff> Be right back.
<Jeremy> Cee you later
<Liz> Dee-lightful!
<Jeff> E-sy.
<Karen> What's the effin' deal, here? Are you all alphabet mad?
<Matt> Eff you think is crazy, just stick around. We're just getting started.
<Liz> Gee, I was having fun!
<Matt> Aitch-ya getting a little overboard?
<Jeremy> I can't believe we have made it so far!
<Liz> Jay-f helped!
<Matt> Kay-ren's mostly stayed out of it, though.
<Matt> 'Ell if I know why, though.
<Jeremy> em &amp; em's on the brain?
<Liz> Em sure she just wanted to leave some for us amateurs.
<Liz> 'N here we are back to the start again!
<Jeff> En that case...
<Karen> oh, I've been busy...

I love puns...


I was looking at the yard this morning, and noticed that my grape hyacinths have come up! There's no sign of the daffodils, but they're planted deeper in the ground, so I suspect they'll take longer to show up. At least, I hope that's why I haven't seen them yet.

But I'm very excited that the hyacinths are out! (No flowers until springtime, of course, but there are little bunches of green shoots about three inches long in the approximate places that I put hyacinth bulbs!)

No comments: