Tuesday, November 9, 1999

9 November 1999

I'm back! I'm back, I'm back, I'm back! I think...

Sometime soon I'll copy over all the stuff that I posted to the list in my absence... Or maybe I won't, and those of you who couldn't be bothered with joining the mailing list will just have to wonder. Well, we'll see.


It's my birthday! Happy Birthday, Me! And a Very Merry Un-Birthday to all of you. ::grin::

I made meringue kisses yesterday, and decided halfway through to add chocolate chips and some food coloring, so today for my birthday I have pink meringue kisses with yummy Ghiradelli chocolate chips! Mmmm...

And I put on new tattoos this morning, too.


Wow, did I have some messed-up dreams this morning.

After Matt got up and was getting ready for work, I went back to sleep. I've been trying to get up when he does, so I don't get out of the habit, and because I feel like a lazy slob if I'm asleep while Matt is at work. But not today! Today is my birthday; I was going to take it off from work anyway! So I went back to sleep.

I was lying on my side, sortof half-dozing, and I slowly became aware that there was something resting in my outstretched hand. It didn't weigh anything, but it felt like... Square... paper... Ooh, a birthday present! How sweet - Matt had crept up the stairs and put a present in my hand for when I woke up! I opened my eyes to look at it, and Matt was standing there with a big goofy grin...

and then woke up for real as Matt came in to say he was leaving for work now.

Oh, well.

So I kissed Matt goodbye and went back to sleep. This one was so vivid and real that I wrote it down as soon as I woke up so I wouldn't forget it - I'll just copy straight from what I wrote, if you don't mind.

We were all in superhero costumes - we were heros, or we were at a party or convention. The married couple was in the room with one bed, leaving the four of us to share two beds. The girl with the green hair and spotted cat costume was in the other bed with my friend (?) and I was in the bed on the left with a man in a yellow and black costume. He had short, curly black hair, and beautiful black eyes. He was slightly heavyset, and kept looking for his glasses, but he'd worn contacts with his costume. I think I'd just met him that evening. I don't know why we started to have sex, but it seemed like the thing to do - the girl in the cat costume had rolled over on my friend in the other bed. I remember he took off the costume, but left on his underwear, and the sex was only so-so at first. I looked over at the other bed and the girl was lying on top, facing up, and looking very surprised and pleased. Then I started to feel it, and it got good, and just before he came, he said, "My dear, at this point in our relationship, I must tell you-" and I interrupted and said, "Yes, you're Jewish. Shut up." But then when we were all finished, he said he wasn't Jewish, but the Wandering Jew, and I had to tell the cat-girl about the legend. He was surprised that we believed him.

Then the door opened, and K.T. came in and I could see she had bunches of flowers held behind her back. She started giving all of us the flowers, which were in vases - they were white carnations and roses tipped with various colors, except for mine, which was a very small bunch of bright purple flowers that made me want to cry. She also gave me a vase of red-tipped carnations to give to someone who lived just down the street from me. Then she said, "Now, darlings, I have to go," and walked out. We watched out the window and she stepped out, looked up at our window and waved. Then she contracted, or tightened just a bit, and then exploded into about a million little birds that all flew up and away.

There was more, but it's fading fast and made even less sense.


Like I said, very weird. And very vivid and realistic, even if it was surreal, too. I don't usually dream in color.


I apologize for the screwed-up navigation links - I promise I'll fix them as soon as I can. Or at least, as soon as I decide what to do about the interim list-posts.

If you have any trouble with links or such on this new site, please let me know ASAP - Xoom's ad-bar at the top, which less intrusive and obnoxious than a pop-up window, does some peculiar things with my code.

As for the list - what should I do with it? Should I keep it around? I do occasionally make secondary postings, later in the day - I could make them on the list (for only the faithful) or at least use the list to notify people that the daily entry has changed... Or I could just trash the list, now that I've got the journal back up and running. (I think.) What do you think?

No comments: