Wednesday, December 22, 1999

22 December 1999

Three.


I have no plans for today. None at all. Well, aside from writing this journal entry, I mean. No baking I want to do. No shopping. No gifts to wrap. No decorations to put up. If Jen calls today (since she didn't yesterday) I might get together with her, but we'll just have to see.

Since I have no plans, I was actually sleeping in late. I've been getting up around 8 or so, but this morning it was moving in on 9, and I was still drifting in and out of luxurious sleep.

Then the doorbell rang.

The thought that went through my head was, Damn! Did I forget about another present to be delivered? Matt didn't say he was having anything else sent here! And since I got a package just two days ago that had to be signed for, I threw on my sweatpants and hobbled downstairs, threw open the door.

The attractive young man on the other side of the door smiled at me. Aw, hell, I thought. Another fucking salesman. For this I got out of bed? "You weren't asleep, were you?" he asked.

I'm not very polite to salemen. "Yes," I croaked (my voice is pretty scratchy when I first get up). "What can I do for you?"

He turned out to be from Gabriel Homes - the company that built our house. They'd sent him to fix things. I felt much more kindly disposed towards him and had him come in.

The poor boy. They hadn't told him there was a list. I rattled off a few things that have been particularly annoying, and he decided he would start with the living room light. He left to get the lamp, and I promised that by the time he got back, I'd be dressed and have a written list of all the current problems for him to take back.

So now I'm up. Skipped my shower because I didn't know how long it would take him to get the light fixture for the living room, so I'm feeling slightly scummy. I found the list I'd typed up months ago, made a couple of changes, crossed off the very few items they've actually taken care off, did a walkthrough to make other notes, and printed it off.

Now I'm sitting in front of my computer, feeling sleepy, even though I got a good ten hours of sleep. Waiting for the guy to come back with a light for my living room. I'm not sure what I'll do when I'm done with this...

I don't have any plans.

No comments: