Wednesday, December 1, 1999

1 December 1999

Well, here we are at the beginning of December, and here's the new design - as promised - it's not perfect, but I like it.

INRI, with whom I had a phone interview on Monday morning, called back yesterday to ask for an in-person interview, and I found out why they did the phone interview first: Their in-person interviews are usually four hours long! Yike! So I'm spending all of Thursday afternoon in Newport News. Joy. But maybe a four-hour commitment means they'll offer me a job.


Tonight I'm going to my first Christmas party of the season, which is early even for me! The "Ladies of 3GI" are having an ornament exchange party, and they included me in the invitations. I was very touched when I got the invitation, and since I left a lot of friends behind, I'm going.

I bought the ornament I'm taking about two weeks ago, but haven't gotten around to wrapping it yet. ::grin:: I'm such a procrastinator.


Shit, hold on, my eyes are doing something goofy and I can't focus on the screen very well.

(10 minutes later) Okay, I think I'm back. Wow, that hasn't happened in years. (One eye crossed and wouldn't un-cross. When my mom told me they'd get stuck that way, I never believed her!)


I don't actually have much on the ol' "To-Do" list today. I need to get a couple of resumes out the door so I can claim my unemployment for this week, and get the laundry started since I'll be gone half of tomorrow. And I need to do a little Christmas shopping. I'm down to something my mother-in-law asked for, and trying desperately to think of something for my father-in-law. Matt's no help; he doesn't know what to get his dad any more than I do. And I need to see about printing out some code samples to take to the INRI interview tomorrow.

It's quite cold outside, and the humidity is nice and low. If I get bored this afternoon, I might try to make a batch of fudge. Nothing worse for slow-cooked fudge than humidity, and days without high humidity are pretty rare around here, so it's a good idea to jump on these things when you get the chance. (On the other hand, I'm not sure my candy thermometer is in perfect working order. Well, I'd have to go to the store anyway to get some ingredients; I could get a new thermometer.)


I spent about three hours yesterday working on an afghan project, and now my neck is killing me. But I got another six inches added to the damn thing. I need to find a faster afghan pattern or something. Oh, well, at least I can never claim I don't have anything to do!


Okay, there's just not much to talk about today. Sorry.

No comments: